Welcome to Mailcheap’s documentation, FAQ & knowledgebase. Contact us for corrections, additions or general feedback.
What is Mailcheap?¶
Mailcheap is an email hosting service for businesses; whether you’re a startup, SME or large enterprise, we provide personalized email for all your domains and users with unmatched features & performance at very affordable prices.
What are Mailcheap’s key advantages?¶
- Private / Dedicated server - Industry first: Personalized private and/or dedicated servers provide unmatched privacy & security at affordable prices.
- Premium Mail - Email with a focus on uptime, deliverability and data integrity. Achieved by cross datacenter active-active redundancy, Mailcheap’s Premium relay and triple data replication. Also includes integrated cloud with webmail, video conferencing and online office.
- Simple Control Panel - Simple, uncluttered web based admin panels ensure that you are easily able to manage your email server within seconds.
- Professional email, affordable prices - Mailcheap’s transparent and simple pricing model starts at $2 per month and offers yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly billing.
- Affordable scalability - Plans that offer unlimited domains/users and plenty of storage. Our current ultimate plan offers a storage of 4 TB and dedicated compute resources among other features for just $149 per month. Moreover, we can scale up to even bigger sizes (upto 320 TB) and handle even more active clients with custom plans that are just as affordable as our any other plan.
- Support that just works - Mailcheap’s Direct-Admin™ support (escalated: L3) is handled by our system admins themselves. So rest assured, you are actually talking to someone who is responsible for managing your server and can fix problems even before they arise (24/7 monitoring as standard).
What advantages does Mailcheap’s email hosting have over shared email hosting?¶
Flexibility, scalability and privacy. The freedom of having as many users on as many domains as possible with your storage. You no longer have to deal with the conventional ‘per user /month’ policy of shared email hosting providers. Instead, you can have all the flexibility and scalability that you want at affordable prices.
Do you offer trial services?¶
Trial services are not offered at this time, mainly because we offer dedicated services (all dedicated services are provisioned to order) and also to protect our reputation from spammers. You are encouraged to look at the demo, product page & FAQ.
Where are your datacenters located?¶
Mailcheap is an OVH Digital Launch pad member and uses OVH’s global infrastructure to host our solutions. All plans except location-specific plans (AU/CA/DE/FR/PL/SG/UK/US) are located in France, EU. See infrastructure.
How long does it take to activate service?¶
Services are activated during CET (9AM - 5PM) hours. Enterprise Email - Dedicated plans and Reseller Enterprise plans (RE-250, RE-500, RE-1000, RE-2000) can be self-installed (online installer) in a few minutes once activated.
All other services are provisioned in 24-48 hours (except some dedicated SMTP relay plans, please see its product page FAQ for more information).
Which support options are available?¶
L1 support (general support) managed by support specialists and Direct-Admin™ support (escalated L3: bugs/service issues) with systems engineers.
Do you offer uptime SLA?¶
Do you offer support SLA?¶
Support SLA is not offered at this time. We try to answer support queries within 12-24 hrs (usually much less!). With 24/7 enterprise grade monitoring for all services, our engineers are always a step ahead in terms of responding to critical service issues and ensuring availability.
Is Mailcheap EU GDPR compliant?¶
Mailcheap is compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) relating to organizations with fewer than 250 employees. See EU GDPR rights & Data Processing Agreement here.
What is your refund policy?¶
See billing FAQ here.
Are there any discounts for non-profits?¶
Yes, Mailcheap offers 15-20% discounts for reg. non-profit organizations dedicated to education, research, arts or aid. Contact us for more information.
How does Mailcheap manage to run at such awesomely low prices?¶
Mailcheap provides unique services in the email hosting market at prices that are affordable for everyone, with just enough profits to keep the lights on :) Just because we provide cheap services does not mean we cut corners, but that we work harder than others in providing a service that is both reliable and affordable. See service status to verify uptime stats.