Premium RelayPremium SMTP relays for high deliverability
What are the main advantages of using Premium Relay?
- Carefully vetted IPs with excellent reputation.
- Ensure near 100% deliverability to all major providers and ESPs through Mailcheap's multi-relay system which resends hard rejects.
- Powerful anti-spam and anti-virus outbound filtering to maintain IP reputation.
How do I sign up for Premium Relay?
- Reseller Enterprise, Reseller World and Enterprise email - Shared plans have Premium relay by default (free of charge).
- Enterprise email - Dedicated plans can choose to enable Premium relay with the 'Premium Relay' addon for $99/yr.
Are there any restrictions on use or sending limits for Premium Relay?
Yes, to protect the infrastructure (from spammers, compromised users, runaway scripts, etc.) and to provide optimum service at all times.
Restrictions on use: Transmitting bulk emails or commercial emails including marketing emails and newsletters.
Since Mailcheap provides unlimited users & domains with all plans, there is no single upper limit for sending but instead a per-user and per-domain sending limit applied daily, hourly and per minute.
Sending limit for Premium Relay
- Daily: Per domain = 5000 ; Per user = 400
- Hourly: Per domain = 1000 ; Per user = 100
- Minute: Per domain = 200 ; Per user = 20
This is the total number of messages (recipients) you can send to per-day / per-hour / per-minute. Each message can have up to a maximum of 20 recipients, please note that each recipient is counted as a single message towards quota calculation. That is, 20 messages to 1 recipient each are counted as 20 messages, while 1 message to 20 recipients is also counted as 20 messages.
Sending without rate-limiting
To send without rate-limiting on dedicated mailservers, Premium relay can be turned off (may affect deliverability) on request. Dedicated mailservers can be configured to use any external SMTP relay service of your choice. Please note that two-factor authentication (2FA) is mandatory for MailUser accounts (email accounts) if Premium relay is disabled and there is no external relayhost configured. This is to prevent compromised user spamming incidents as there are no sending limits without Premium relay. The system disables a MailUser if 2FA is disabled for 3 consecutive days.