Premium RelayPremium SMTP relays for high deliverability
What are the main advantages of using Premium Relay?
- Carefully vetted IPs with excellent reputation.
- Ensure near 100% deliverability to all major providers and ESPs through Mailcheap's multi-relay system which resends hard rejects.
- Powerful anti-spam and anti-virus outbound filtering to maintain IP reputation.
How do I sign up for Premium Relay?
- Basic plans, Premium Mail, Reseller plans & selected dedicated plans have Premium relay by default (free of charge).
- Enterprise email - Dedicated plans can choose to enable Premium relay with the 'Premium Relay+' addon for $59.99/yr.
Are there any restrictions on use or sending limits for Premium Relay?
Yes, to protect the infrastructure (from spammers, compromised users, runaway scripts, etc.) and to provide optimum service at all times.
Restrictions on use: Transmitting bulk emails or commercial emails including marketing emails and newsletters.
Since Mailcheap provides unlimited users & domains with all plans, there is no single upper limit for sending but instead a per-user and per-domain sending limit applied daily, hourly and per minute.
Sending limit for Premium Relay
- Daily: Per domain = 2500 ; Per user = 200
- Hourly: Per domain = 500 ; Per user = 50
- Minute: Per domain = 100 ; Per user = 10
Sending limit for Premium Relay+
- Daily: Per domain = 5000 ; Per user = 200
- Hourly: Per domain = 1000 ; Per user = 50
- Minute: Per domain = 200 ; Per user = 10
This is the total number of message recipients you can send to per-day/per-hour/per-minute. If you send 1 message to 5 people that is 5 recipients, similarly if you send 5 different messages with only 1 recipient each that is also 5 recipients.
Sending without rate-limiting
Distribution lists can be used to send emails to any number of local recipients without rate-limiting.
Distribution list recipient limit
- Local: Unlimited
- Remote: Same as Premium relay or Premium relay+ daily/hourly/minute limits
To send without rate-limiting on dedicated mailservers, Premium relay can be turned off (may affect deliverability) or your dedicated mailserver can be connected to a Dedicated SMTP relay.