Welcome to Mailcheap’s New Mail System (NMS) documentation, FAQ & knowledgebase. For the API documentation, navigate here. For corrections, additions or general feedback, please feel free to contact us.
What is Mailcheap?¶
Mailcheap is an email hosting service for businesses; whether you’re a startup, SME or large enterprise, we provide personalized email for all your domains and users with unmatched features & performance at very affordable prices.
What are Mailcheap’s key advantages?¶
- Private / Dedicated server - Industry first, personalized private and/or dedicated servers provide unmatched privacy & security at affordable prices.
- Simple Control Panel - A single, uncluttered web based admin panel ensures that you are easily able to manage your email server within seconds.
- 100% API support - Complete API support for email administration available with all permission levels (account types).
- Professional email, affordable prices - Mailcheap’s transparent and simple pricing model starts at $2 per month and offers yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly billing.
- Affordable scalability - Plans that offer unlimited domains/users and plenty of storage. Our Enterprise Email - Dedicated
Ultimateplan offers a storage of 4 TB and dedicated compute resources among other features for just $149 per month. Moreover, we can scale up to even larger sizes (upto 320 TB) and handle even more active clients with custom plans that are just as affordable as our any other plan.
- Support that just works - Mailcheap’s Direct-Admin™ support (escalated: L3) is handled by our system admins themselves. So rest assured, you are actually talking to someone who is responsible for managing your server and can fix problems even before they arise (24/7 monitoring as standard).
What advantages does Mailcheap’s email hosting have over shared email hosting?¶
Flexibility, scalability and privacy. The freedom of having as many users on as many domains as possible with your storage. You no longer have to deal with the conventional per user/month policy of shared email hosting providers. Instead, you can have all the flexibility and scalability that you want at affordable prices.
Do you offer trial services?¶
Trial services are not offered at this time, mainly because we offer dedicated services (all dedicated services are provisioned to order) and also to protect our reputation from spammers. You are encouraged to look at the demo, product page & FAQ.
Where are your datacenters located?¶
Mailcheap is an OVH Digital Launch pad member and uses OVH’s global infrastructure to host our solutions. All plans except location-specific plans (AU/CA/DE/FR/PL/SG/UK/US) are located in France (EU). See infrastructure.
How secure is my data?¶
Due to Mailcheap’s architecture (separation of compute & storage), we can sustain full loss of mailserver (compute instance) and recover without any data loss. The primary storage itself is backed up every 6 hours to an offsite backup system where we keep rolling snapshots (daily backups for last 7 days & weekly backups for last 4 weeks). You can restore from these snapshots using the data restoration tool in console. Access to storage & backups are strictly controlled, available only to select Level 3 engineers.
How long does it take to activate service?¶
Services are activated during CET (9AM - 5PM) hours. Enterprise Email - Dedicated plans and Reseller Enterprise plans (
RE-2000) can be self-installed (online installer) in a few minutes once activated.
All other services are provisioned in 24-48 hours.
Which support options are available?¶
L1 support (general support) managed by support specialists and Direct-Admin™ support (escalated L3: bugs/service issues) with systems engineers.
Do you offer uptime SLA?¶
Do you offer support SLA?¶
Support SLA is not offered at this time. We try to answer support queries within 12-24 hrs (usually much less!). With 24/7 enterprise grade monitoring for all services, our engineers are always a step ahead in terms of responding to critical service issues and ensuring availability.
What is your refund policy?¶
See billing FAQ here.
Are there any discounts for non-profits?¶
Yes, Mailcheap offers 15-20% discounts for reg. non-profit organizations dedicated to education, research, arts or aid. Contact us for more information.
Is Mailcheap EU GDPR compliant?¶
Mailcheap is compliant with EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) relating to organizations with fewer than 250 employees. See EU GDPR rights & Data Processing Agreement here.